Rewarding and retaining talent in your organization is a key business objective. One of the best strategies in this effort is to employ a comprehensive succession planning process that is viewed as logical, fair and objective by your employees.
Good succession planning programs have the following characteristics:
Upper Right Leadership can help evaluate your current succession planning practices to make sure they allow you to achieve the benefits described above. If you want to begin a succession planning process, we can help you design and implement a "best-practice" approach, or evaluate and improve your current process. Please contact us to discuss ways we can assist you in recognizing, rewarding, promoting and retaining the talent in your organization.
- Identify and develop leaders for critical positions
- Leverage the investment made in people
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ones you consider "game changers"
- Create and maintain a "high-potential" candidate pool
- Improve efficiency and speed of selection of candidates for promotion
- Shorten the learning curve and time to proficiency for a promoted employee
- Provide the organization greater knowledge of bench strength
- Decrease management time away from running the business