Assessments are valuable tools used to build awareness among individuals, teams and organizations on key skills and behaviors. Upper Right has certification and experience in all of the following assessment tools, and have conducted over 5000 of these instruments in providing our services. There is a brief description of each instrument so you can understand what each measure and provides. These assessments are useful in individual coaching conversations, team development workshops, or for classes used to grow your leadership team. By working with you to understand your needs, we can recommend the best assessments with follow-up support.
360 assessments provide a complete picture of a person’s performance and contribution to the organization. Top-down (Manager-only) feedback in typical performance reviews rewards those who get the job done and meet performance objectives, and penalize those who don’t meet those objectives.
Evaluations by Peers and Direct Reports add a perspective to “how” the job gets done. Multi-rater evaluations provide insight into leadership behavior, quality of work, and effective relationships throughout the organization.
Feedback from peers, direct reports, and others, when combined with that of the manager, provides a complete picture of an employee’s performance and behavior.
Benefits of 360 Degree Feedback
Broad Feedback Scope
• Feedback is received from all key relationships, not just a manager, giving a well-rounded view of the perception of a participant’s efforts.
• The 360 assessment is confidential, allowing raters to provide accurate and honest feedback.
• Results are presented in a report that shows the strengths and development opportunities for a participant’s skills in competencies, behaviors or values.
• The participant will know their areas of strength, as well as areas where they can work to improve their skills.
Better Results for the Participant and Organization
• 360 assessment feedback creates an opportunity for self-development, which leads to increased job satisfaction and job performance by the participant.
We can help you drive better results and increased performance through the use of 360 assessments. Let us show you how that can happen for your organization.
BarOn Emotional Intelligence
The BarOn EQ-i® is the most comprehensive, practical and widely-administered tool in the field of emotional intelligence (EQ). Emotional intelligence is concerned with understanding yourself and others, relating to people, and adapting to and coping with your immediate surroundings. Being smart ( IQ) isn’t enough. You must learn how to manage the social and emotional demands life places on you. Emotional Intelligence factors are reliable predictors of success and satisfaction in life. Failure to adapt socially and emotionally to your surroundings is a leading cause of career derailment. This is an excellent tool for coaching leaders, or conducting team and group workshops.
We offer a suite of three assessments from Hogan Assessment Systems that can be taken individually or in concert with each other. These assessments create profiles to reveal a person’s competencies, values, and leadership characteristics, helping HR and senior management understand the underlying sources of employees’ (and potential employees’) behaviors. Data from the assessments produce easy-to-read reports that contain recommendations for hiring and development. Clients then use these reports to make decisions regarding the selection and development of employees. They are excellent resources for coaching and developing individual leaders, as well as for improving team performance.
• The Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) is a personality assessment that reveals the “bright side” of a personality – what we see when a person is at their best. Different characteristics are important for success in different jobs, and characteristics that are important in one job may interfere with performance in others. The Hogan Personality Inventory evaluates people on seven well-known dimensions or characteristics that influence occupational success.
• The Hogan Development Survey (HDS) reveals the “dark side” of our personality, or what we see when a person is stressed. This tool assesses eleven behavioral tendencies that impede work relationships, hinder productivity, or limit overall career potential. These career derailers – deeply ingrained in personality traits – affect an individual’s leadership style and actions. When under pressure, most people will display certain counterproductive tendencies or risk factors. Under normal circumstances, these characteristics may actually be strengths. However, when an individual is tired, pressured, bored or otherwise distracted, these risk factors may impede effectiveness and erode the quality of relationships with customers and colleagues.
• The Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) reveals a person’s core values, goals and interests. This is invaluable information for determining the kinds of environments in which the person will perform best, and the kind of culture the person will create as a leader.
Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation-Behavior™ (FIRO-B®) assessment has helped people around the world understand how their need for inclusion, control and affection can shape their interactions with others at work or in their personal life. The FIRO-B assessment is ideal for one-on-one coaching, team-building initiatives, communication workshops and leadership development programs.
Commonly known as MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), this assessment is one of the best known and most trusted personality tools available today. From developing more productive work teams to building closer families, the MBTI can improve the quality of life for anyone and any organization. This tool can help:
• improve individual and team performance,
• nurture and retain top talent,
• develop leadership at every level of an organization,
• reduce workplace conflict
Visit our Authorized Partner solutions pages: